Share your files with Bynder Express
If you are a Bynder user, and you want to share files that are not in the Asset Library, you can do it with Bynder Express. You can share media both internally and externally. The recipients will be notified by email and they will receive a link where they can download the files.
The files that you share will not be stored in the Asset Library. They will be uploaded to a temporary location on Bynder. If he internet connection is interrupted, Bynder will automatically continue the upload when the connection is back.
You can also verify which assets have been shared and who with by checking the Transfer history.
Bynder Express has an upload limit of 50GB.
Decide who should have access to Bynder Express and the history of the files shared in this way. Go to Settings > Users & rights > Permission Management and enable the permissions.
- In the Bynder Express section, enable Access to Bynder Express for users to be able to use it to share files. The users who do not have this permission, do not see the transfer box on the dashboard.
- In the Bynder Express section, enable Access to Bynder Express history for users to be able to see the list of files they shared with Bynder Express. Users can find their transfer history in the top navigation bar by clicking Username > Transfer history.
- If you are an admin and you want to view the complete transfer history for all users in the portal, you need the Access to transfer history of all users permission.
- In the Bynder Express section, enable Revoke Bynder Express share for users to be able to revoke access to the files they have shared with others.
- In your homepage, click in the Share your files widget.
- Select the files you want to upload.
- Decide if you want to share the files via email or you want to generate a link that you can send for example, via chat.
- If you decide
- to share files via email:
- Enter the recipient's email address.
- Decide when the share should expire. After the date has passed the recipients will no longer be able to download the files.
- Click Send. The recipients will receive an email with a download link.
- to share files via a link:
- Specify the expiration date for the files. After the date has passed the recipients will no longer be able to download the files.
- Click Send.
- Copy the generated link.
- to share files via email:
View and work with transfer history
If you want to see which files have been transferred, go to YourUserName > Transfer history:
- Monitor the status of the transfer - red dots mean the transfer has expired, orange means the transfer is expiring in 24 hours and the green dot means, the files are still available for the recipients.
- Click on the icon to view and copy the link that was generated. This option is only available if the files have not expired.
- Click on the icon to download the files. This option is only available is the files have not expired.
- Hover over the recipients to view the full recipients list.
- Hover over the Expires in data to see the exact date and time.
- If you have the Revoke Bynder Express share permission, you can click to revoke access to the files you shared with others. You cannot revoke access to the files shared by other users. Revoked transfers display as inactive. Once revoked, the access cannot be granted again.
- If you have the Access to transfer history of all users permission, you can see inactive, active, expired, non-expired, and canceled transfers for all users in the portal. This permission can be used by admins to maintain security when an employee leaves the company, for auditing, to ensure that Bynder Express is not being abused, and to track old transfers.