As an administrator, you can manage users, groups, and user permissions through Settings > Users & rights. You can view user profile information or change user details such as the email address, the password, or the user profile. If you do not need a specific user account, you can delete it. Alternatively, you can temporarily deactivate the account so that the account is still in the system but the user cannot access it. See Deactivate users.
You can export users and user details to a CSV file if needed.
- Go to Settings > Users & rights > User Management.
- Search for the user you want to edit.
- Hover your mouse over the user to see the Edit and Delete icons.
- Do one of the following:
- To delete the user, click the delete icon.
- To edit the user, click the edit icon. To change the user profile, select the new profile in the Set user type drop-down list.
- (Optional) To export users, user details, and their permission profile name, click Export to CSV. You will receive an email with a download link when the file is ready.
All available user data will be exported. Any applied filters in the User Management screen will not be reflected in the CSV export.
- You need the Export user data to CSV right to perform the export. Go to Settings > Users & rights > Permission management and enable the right in the Extra section.
When you have created users, you might want to assign them to a group. This might be useful when you have several people with different permission profiles working on a project who should all be responsible for approving certain assets. Then, instead of adding each person separately to the approvers list, you can add a group.
Go to Settings > Users & rights > Group Management and click Add group to create a new group.
- Change rights for a user profile
- View change history for users, permissions, metaproperties and workflow groups
- Create a new Bynder user
- Enable stronger passwords