Integrate Bynder with Wordpress 5
By integrating Bynder and Wordpress, you can use your latest Bynder assets in your Wordpress environment. With our latest plugin, which makes use of our Compact View, you can now add images and video files to your Wordpress content easily.
Tell me more about the plugin
With our Wordpress 5 plugin you can add your Bynder assets to your Wordpress 5 website directly from within Wordpress. The plugin ensures that when you update your assets in Bynder the latest version is also automatically reflected on your website. The integration uses custom Bynder blocks for single images and video assets. The Gallery Block is used to showcase multiple image or video assets.
Use the plugin
- Click + New to create a new page or post. Alternatively you can edit existing content.
- Click to create a new block.
- Click Bynder Asset if you want to add a single asset or click Bynder Gallery if you want to add multiple assets or a collection.
Click to see example of adding a block
- Click Open Compact View. The Compact View will open. If your company's Bynder portal URL is already filled in in the pop-up, click Connect. If not, enter the URL in the below format. A popup will open, which allows you to login to your Bynder environment.
- Login to the portal in the usual way. Click on Yes if you want to allow the Compact View to fetch the assets from the portal.
In the Asset tab use the filter bar or search bar filter and search for the assets you need. Select the files(s) you need and click Add media to add the asset(s) to your Wordpress page. In the Collection tab select the collection that you want to add or click the collection and select the file(s) you want to add. Click Add media to add the asset(s) to your Wordpress page.You can also use Bynder's embed code in combination with the Wordpress Custom HTML block to embed a single asset or collection. Learn more about embedding assets here.
Installation and configuration
- Download the Wordpress plugin ZIP file here.
- Go to your Wordpress website.
- Go to Plugins and click Add New > Upload plugin.
- Click Choose file, select the ZIP file you downloaded before and click Install Now.
- Once the installation has finished go to Settings > Bynder to set up the configuration for the Asset Tracker. Enter the URL of your Bynder portal in the Portal domain field. Enter the permanent token for the Wordpress 5 installation in the Permanent token field. Read more about permanent tokens here.
Click to see an example of the Asset Tracker configuration
- (Optional) You can configure the derivative Wordpress makes use of. Check out the Derivative configuration section for more information.
- Click Save changes to save your configuration.
Follow the instructions of the readme file in the plugin package that you downloaded for more details on the derivative configuration.
Deactivate the plugin
To deactivate the plugin go to Plugins in the side menu and click Deactivate in the Bynder plugin section.
- Bynder audio and document assets cannot be added via the Wordpress 5 plugin.
- The Wordpress functionality Featured Images is not supported for Bynder assets.