Add custom thumbnails to files
When you upload a zip file ZIP or an audio file, by default, they have a generic thumbnail. You can change this thumbnail on the Asset detail screen. You can set a custom thumbnail for the following files:
- Images: jpg, png, bmp, tif, gif, ai, psd, indd
- Video: mp4, mov, avi, 3gp, m4v, wmv
- Audio: mp3, m4a
- ZIP files
- Other formats: xml, docm, pptm, xlsm
videocam Watch a video
- Open the Assets overview and click on the file you want to edit.
- Click to open the Edit tab and scroll down the list.
- Open the Custom thumbnail tab.
- Remove the old thumbnail and upload the custom one.
- Cropping and setting the focus point are not available for custom thumbnails.
- You can see the custom thumbnail for video files in the Asset overview, but in Asset detail, it changes to the in-build media player.
- When you update a version of an asset that has a custom thumbnail, you need to update the thumbnail as well.
- All derivatives are created from the original image.
The new thumbnail should be visible after a while and it will replace the default .