When you upload assets and you have the Upload for approval right, or the Workflow process for publishing assets includes the approval stage, assets are added to the Waiting Room. They wait there to be approved by administrators or dedicated approvers. When the approval is granted, the assets are transferred to the Asset Library. You can set up Waiting Room approvers on the permission profile level and on the metaproperty option level.
By default, the assets that are uploaded with the upload functionality available to external users on the login page go to the Waiting Room.
To access the Waiting Room, go to Settings > Waiting Room.
Set up the approval process for the Waiting Room
As an administrator, you can set up the process so that users can upload assets to the Waiting Room, or approve assets. You can then create a workflow preset to upload assets to the Waiting Room first, before they can be uploaded to the Asset Library.
- Go to Settings > Users & rights > Permission Management.
- From the user profiles, select the profile, for which you want to update permissions.
- From the Media permission sections, select one of the following:
- Upload media for approval - users with this right can upload assets to the Waiting Room and cannot publish media to the Asset Library without approval.
- Audit media in waitingroom - users with this right can approve or deny upload or download requests in the Waiting Room. These users can decide whether an asset should be stored in the Asset Library or not.
- Upload and publish media - users with this right can publish directly to the Asset Library bypassing the Waiting Room.
- Edit media - users with this right can edit the media information without asking for approval.
- (Optional) To implement the approval process for the media added through Workflow, go to Settings > Workflow > Preset Management to create a preset to upload assets to the Waiting Room. Select the When job is completed, submit the assets and select the Waiting Room option for the preset.
This option is only available for jobs based on a preset. Jobs created without a preset do not have this option. You can select this option for existing presets as well.If you want to limit upload rights to, for example, certain brands or categories, you need to configure the metaproperties of the account. You need superadmin rights to do this, so the support, or the implementation team can help you with that.
Work with Waiting Room filters
You can filter your view in the Waiting room to show different assets. Click one of the following filters
- Upload: shows an overview of all files that are uploaded by users that don't have the access right to publish files directly to the Asset Library, or by users do not have the permission profile rights but have the Add and publish media in this option set up on the metaproperty option level.
- External Uploader : shows an overview of all the files that are uploaded through the External Uploader feature available on the login page.
- Download: shows an overview of all the files that users have requested to download. These are the files some users might not have the rights for, such as the watermarked assets. You will see files in this tab if , for example, a light user has requested to download a watermarked file tagged with a specific metaproperty option and you have the Audit media for this option permission set up on the metaproperty option level fro this metaproperty option. See Set permissions on metaproperty option level.
- Workflow approval: shows an overview of all the approvals a user has to grant as a result of workflow jobs.
- Edit: shows an overview of all the requests coming from users who want to edit specific assets and do not have the Edit media rights. You can approve or decline the requests in this overview.
- Date added or Added by filter allow you to further filter your assets. Currently, you cannot filter the assets by name.
Manage requests in the Waiting Room
You can quickly select all the files you want to approve, deny or delete from the Waiting Room. Go to the Waiting Room, and click on the filter for the type of request you want to see.
You can either tick the check box to select all files to approve, deny or delete, or expand the drop-down list to customize your selection.
By quickly selecting all assets, you can manage your pending or denied requests and clear your overview screens quicker without having to manually select assets.
To approve or deny single assets, simply select the asset and click Approve request or Deny request.