See your assets on the map
Would you like to see where your assets were taken? Enable the map view and navigate through a map to find out. The GPS coordinates of the assets are used to display them on the map. Follow the instructions below to find out how you can use the map view.
- Go to the asset overview page of your portal.
- Click to activate the map view. By default the location will be displayed that has been set up by your portal administrator
- Click and drag to navigate through the map or use the search widget to directly go to a specific location. Assets that are tagged with this location will be displayed on the map.
- Click on a thumbnail to go the asset detail view of that asset.
- Click one of the other available views to leave the map view.
Hover over the screenshot below for a visual walkthrough
In order for assets to show up on the map they need to have geo-location metadata. When photos are taken by a smartphone or camera this information is often attached to the files automatically. Before you upload the assets make sure your files contain this metadata. After the upload they will be automatically displayed on the map.
If the map view is not enabled for your portal, contact your Customer Success Manager, who can help you setting this up.
- Go to Settings > Bynder superadmin > Edit current account and enable the setting maps.
- Ask the client which GPS coordinates they want to use for the default start location and enter these coordinates in the GPS (lat,lng) field. This will be the default location users will get to see when enabling the map view.
- Click Save to finish the setup.