Better organize your filters by using Smart Filters. With Smart Filters you can display multiple metaproperties in one drop-down menu item, which makes your portal more user friendly. Find more information below or start setting up your own Smart Filters.
Smart Filters offer better ways to display metaproperties compared to stand-alone metaproperty filters. With Smart Filters you can display multiple metaproperties in one drop-down menu item, which makes your portal more user friendly.
Using Smart Filters can be useful when you have metaproperties that are dependent on each other. For example the metaproperties 'continent', 'country' and 'city' can be displayed in one drop-down, whereas without Smart Filters, users would have to open three metaproperty filters individually. With a Smart Filter they can see these filters all at once with one simple mouse click.
Before you begin
- You need to have the permission Smartfilter Managment enabled in your user profile to access the Smartfilter Management.
- Please be aware that when you start setting up Smart Filters, you can no longer use other or existing filter structures. The moment you set up one Smart Filter, all other existing filters will disappear and need to be re-created in the Smartfilter Management screen. This also includes the Advanced, Color and Tags filters. Follow the instructions below to set up your Smart Filters.
- Go to Settings > Taxonomy> Smartfilter Management.
- Click +Add.
- Enter or select the filter details:
- Icon - we use the icons available on fontawesome.io v4.2 and below. To use the icon, click on it in the website to get the full name and copy this name to Bynder.
- Type: select the type of the filter. The most common type for displaying metaproperties is meta.Available types
- advanced: used to set up the Advanced filter. The options in the filter are default. You can add another option to the default set. To do this, you need to clear the Main filter check box in the Metaproperty filter list. See Manage metaproperties.
- brands: only use this when you're still using the legacy Brands and Categories.
- categories: only use this when you're still using the legacy Brands and Categories.
- color: adds the color picker filter.
- meta: allows for mapping metaproperties onto Smart Filters. This is the most common type.
- meta-toolbar - no longer used.
- tags: displays a tag filter of 30 most frequently used tags.
- workflowcampaign: maps the metaproperties and displays them as filter for workflow campaigns.
- Lazy loading: useful when the list of metaproperty options in the filter is a long one. Then, only a portion of options is loaded at once, and others load on demand.
- Fullscreen - displays the filter in full screen. This is useful, when the filter contains a lot of visual options.
- Close on select - when you select a filter option the filter pop-up closes and the search results are displayed. This option can be used in conjunction with the Fullscreen option.
- Languages: enter the filter name in English and, if you want the filter to show in another language, if users changes their language settings, enter additional languages.
- Click Save.
- In the Smartfilter Management overview, click the icon to add metaproperties to the filter.
- In the metaproperties box, expand the Metaproperty drop-down list and select the metsproperty to link to the filter.
- Specify the details:
- Type: defines the behavior of metaproperties included in Smart Filters.Available types:
- smart-single: if you have more than one metaproperty, it displays the metaproperty options in a list.
- select: displays metaproperty options in a list. Used when you have only one metaproperty in a filter.
- autocomplete: displays a search bar in the Smart Filter that auto-suggests and autocompletes values. Used, for example, with long lists of product numbers.
- grid: similar to smart-single but displays options in a grid, which makes it good for images.
- alfabetical - no longer used
- Show label - displays he label of the metaproperty instead of the name.
- Show image - displays the image linked to the metaproperty.
- Show description
- Show counter - displays how many assets belong to each metaproperty option.
- Z-index - defines the sequence in which the metaproperties are shown in the filter.
- Columns - defines the number of columns in which the metaproperty options should be shown. For example, if you have two metaproperties in the filter, enter 2 in the field, for the filter options to display in 2 columns.
- Dependency - select the metaproperty on which the metaproperty you are editing will be dependent. See Set up Smart Filter dependencies.
- Show options based on dependencies:when you have selected a dependent metaproperty, select this option for metaproprty options to displayed based on whether the metaproperty marked as dependent has been selected.
- Type: defines the behavior of metaproperties included in Smart Filters.
- Save each metaproperty.
- (Optional) To add another metaproperty click the plus icon.
By default, if your filter has multiple linked metaproperties, all these metaproperties and their options display. However, you can limit this by making metaproperties dependent on each other. For example, you can have the Destinations filter that displays continents and countries. If you set up the Country metaproperty dependent on the Continent then the filter will display the continent list. Only when you select a specific continent, for example, Europe, the country options that are linked to Europe will display.
- Go to Settings > Account > Smartfilter management.
- In the Metaproperty drop-down list, select the metaproperty that will need to display when a value in the dependent metaproperty is selected.
- From the Dependency drop-down list , select the dependent metaproperty. For example:
- Select Show options based on dependencies.
- Save your choice.