You can upload your assets to your Digital Asset Management system both as a logged-in user as well as an external user. Normally, assets upload instantaneously. Larger assets might take some more time to convert and upload, but you can continue working in the portal throughout that process. Assets are uploaded together with their metadata and copyright information.
The system can also be configured to handle embedded metadata properties such as EXIF, IPTC, XMP and Dublin Core and recognize custom metadata tags from, for example, Adobe Suite or Office on upload. When the custom metadata is recognized, you can search on it, and it displays in your Asset Library.
As a logged in user you can upload assets for approval in the Waiting Room, or depending on your user rights, directly to the Asset Library. If you upload assets to the Waiting Room, the approver is automatically notified.
You can upload assets using the following:
- the Upload media button - enables you to upload assets and select the correct metaproperties that should be linked to the assets. A redirect option is possible, so that whenever users click Import media, they are redirected to Mass Version Updater.
To limit the file types that can be uploaded through Bynder and to prevent malicious files from entering the Asset Library, you can set a special security check. In that way only the files with the specified extensions can be uploaded.
- the Mass Version Updater - mainly used to upload and update version of assets. However, if an uploaded asset is not recognized as a version, it's added as a new assets. You can also set verification rules so that only specific assets are added as new in the Asset Library, and if the defined criteria are not met, the asset ends in a Waiting Room.
- the Mass Uploader - enables you to upload large batches of files. Normally, the files should be accompanied with a CSV file that lists the metaproperties of the uploaded assets. The Mass Uploader links the files to metaproperties, and populates the metaproperties automatically. Also, whenever there are tags in your CSV file that do not yet exist in the system, they can be created on upload.
Depending on your system, you might be able to upload 2000 assets at a time.
- Python script - we can supply an example python script that you can use to upload files. The script can help you upload multiple files and add metaproperties to these file at the same time. Your technical team can add the CSV upload functionality to the script if needed. The script is not free of charge.
If you are interested talk to your Customer Success Manager.
- Import service - we can help you import your assets into Bynder. This is a paid-for service. For more information, see Import media to Bynder.
External users can upload their files without the need of logging in. As and external user, you can use the External Uploader available on the login page. The media that you upload with the External Uploader is placed in the Waiting room of the recipient who needs to approve them . The recipient is also notified about the files being sent. There is no limit to the number of files you can upload with the External Uploader.
Users can enter the recipient's email in the External Uploader, however, the functionality can also be configured in such a way that only a pre-selected choice of email addresses is displayed.
If your external users want to verify the terms and conditions of the Uploader, you can have them configured and added to the Uploader.
For more information, see Upload assets as an external user.
Upload and browsers
You can upload 250 files in one batch upload with a maximum of 4TB in total (depending on the browser you use). This also applies to assets uploaded to workflow.
Most current browsers are 64-bit, but some older browsers, especially on older operating systems, are still 32-bit. 32-bit browsers cannot upload large files and have an upload limit of 4GB (IE9 and lower, or Mozilla Firefox 12.0). For more information, see Additional information on browsers.
- If the first frame of your video is black you can Edit video thumbnails
- To be able to trace your asset change history you can Link assets to workflow jobs.
- To classify an asset better, you can Add metaproperty options on upload.
- Learn more about video formats Bynder supports Supported file formats.