Publishing on Demand
Use the Publishing on Demand module to manage the materials you want to print, customize them online with a simple editor, and upload to workflow so that they can be reviewed and approved. POD allows you to create and edit templates so that you do not have to create items, such as business cards or a collateral, from scratch. You can also completely predefine the behavior of your template, making it possible for other users to adjust only certain elements, such as the logo, background, theme/style.
You can define templates and create template presets based on these templates. For example, you can have one template that you edit for French and German market. In this way, you create two template presets out of one template. For each preset, you decide which elements users can edit and which are fixed. See Recreate a POD template for a specific market.
As an admin, you can upload Do-It-Yourself templates or template presets for other users and link specific ones to a workflow preset so that when a job is based on this preset a user has a selection of templates to choose from and customize. Alternatively, you can send your InDesign files to Bynder so that we convert them into a template. The files need to be prepared following our guidelines. To review them, see Prepare your InDesign package.
A standard process for a POD user
- Start a POD job in workflow.
- Select a template for your materials.
- Customize the materials. You can preview the results before you save them.
- Send the job to the next stage. Depending on the workflow, this can be a review or approval stage.
POD admin tasks
- Upload templates for users. You can either do it yourself or send your InDesign files to Bynder to upload and turn into templates. See Prepare your InDesign package.
- Configure your templates. See Manage POD templates and presets.
- Create template presets, which are customized versions of the same template. See Recreate a POD template preset for a specific market.
- Create a POD workflow preset for users. The preset should define the steps, such as approval or order, define whether or not the users can upload assets to the workflow, and at which stage users can select a template to edit. For the stage, where users can choose templates, select Use own templates and chose one or multiple templates for users.
- You can generate multiple outputs from your template preset . For example, you can create business cards in high and a low resolution. If you have this option set up in Bynder, select the output type when you create or edit your template preset. To have this option set up, contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Manage POD templates and presets
- Create a batch POD template
- Recreate a POD template for a specific market
- Troubleshoot your templates