Add Asset Library metaproperties to assets exported from workflow
You can add Asset Library metaproperties to assets in a workflow job so that when you export assets these metaproperties are exported to the Asset Library as well. In this way, you do not have to create metaproperties twice.
Before you begin
Before you set up a workflow metaproperty, you need to have an Asset Library metaproperty with values. In this example, we use the metaproperty Asset Type.
- Go to Workflow > Metaproperty Management > Job.
- Click + Add metaproperty. If you have a lot of metaproperties, you need to scroll down to see the button.
- From the Type drop-down list, select the Asset Library metaproperty.The other metaproperty types available are the following: checkbox (multiple values are allowed), date, multi select (multiple values), input field, radio button (one value), select (one value), text (text is displayed but cannot be entered), textarea (a box displays where text needs to be entered).
- Enter a meaningful label for the metaproperty.
- From the Asset Library metaproperty drop-down list, select the metaproperty you want to use.
- Select Export to Bynder. In this way this workflow metaproperty will be exported to the Asset Library (with the asset) when the workflow is finished.
- Enter the system name of the Asset Library metaproperty. In this example it's assettype.
- Go to Workflow > Preset Management and select the preset you want to update.
- Add the metaproperty to the selected stage of the preset. In most cases, it is the last step of the workflow where users add the Asset Library filter(s).
- Save your changes.
Your changes are applied to the workflow and Asset Library.
The Asset Library metaproperties are applied to all the selected assets that are exported from the workflow.