With News management you can customize the featured content on your Brand Portal landing page. You can use various news options to inform your users of company news, feature content from the Asset Library or collections, direct users to the Asset Library, or link to other external resources.
Each news type supports a different set of configurable elements, and is represented in a unique visual way on the landing page. Content can be published as a news item, news Slider, navigation block, or featured news.
You need to have the News management permission to be able to manage news.
For information on creating the latest news widget, see Create and manage your homepage.
- Go to Settings > Extra > News management.
- Expand the Upload media drop-down and click Add news.
- Enter the following information:
- News title: the headline displayed on all elements.
- News subtitle: a secondary line displayed below the headline, but not displayed on Navigation news items or in the Latest News widget.
- Image: upload an image to display on the landing page for the news item, or as a header graphic on the article page, or as the thumbnail in the Latest News widget.
- Publish date: the date displayed on news article pages and in the Latest News widget, also used to order slider and navigation news items.
- Summary: a brief description of the contents of the new item, only used for featured news.
- News content: the full body content of the news item displayed on the news article page.
- Read more label: overrides the default Read more label on Featured news items as well as the Read more button on slider news items. Enter the text to dispalay instead of Read more.
- Read more link: by default will link to the news article page, but a custom URL can be entered to override the default destination from:
- News title on all news article pages
- News title on Featured news items
- Read more label on Featured news items
- Read more button on Slider news items
- Navigation blocks
- Select the news type.
The following types are available:
The item will be featured on your portal’s news page. Access it directly by clicking on the article title in the latest news widget. You can also access all articles on the news page by clicking More news… in the latest news widget or by accessing YourWebsiteName.com/news.
On the news page, you can see news items that have been published in the portal. If a news item includes an article within Bynder, the article text will be featured on the news page under the article image. If the news item links to a specific location within the portal, such as a collection, or to an external destination outside of Bynder, clicking on the news title will utilize the custom URL to link to that destination.
Publishing a news item as news is recommended for articles that are published within Bynder or external news items with a short summary that is published within Bynder.
For external news items, the title of the article on the news page will link to the site of the news item. This is a great place to inform users of company news or highlight specific information about the portal.
It is frequently used to link to internal and external articles, highlight content from the Asset Library or Collections, navigate users to the Asset Library, or link to featured collections. The sliding content featured at the top of the landing page, draws attention to relevant materials.
When a Slider news item is published, it always appears at the top of the landing page, and each additional item published appears as a sequential item in the Slider.
By default, the Slider links to the news article page. However, a slider can act as a link to a specific collection within your portal. Clicking on the slider’s button will link to the collection URL entered in the Read more link. It can also link to an external page or a specific selection of assets in the Asset Library.
Navigation blocks allow users to quickly navigate to specific locations within the portal, such as collections and pre-filtered states of the Asset Library, or to external destinations. Navigation blocks will not link you to the article page, so you nedd to enter the URl in the Read more link.
Navigation blocks appear below the slider, but above featured news items.
Navigation Blocks are best used to quickly navigate to a specific location within the portal. They are a great way to showcase specific filters or collections , such as logos or corporate headshots, and allow the user to access the set of assets they are looking for.
If a news item is published as featured, the article’s image, headline and summary will be displayed on the landing page. The user can click from the news title or Read more link to view the news article page.
Publishing a featured news item is recommended for articles published within Bynder that administrators would like to prominently highlight for all users. Featured articles convey a message quickly and entice users to click through to read additional content.
- If you want to publish the article, select Publish. If you do not check the box, you will be able to access the news item in news management, but it will not appear on the portal for users until it is published.
- Save your article.
You can show or hide certain news articles based on permissions. This can be set up per article and can be based on user, group or profile level.
- Go to Settings > Extra > News Management.
- Click the settings icon for the article.
- In the View permissions drop-down list, select to show this article by default or hide it by default.
- Set exceptions for the article. For example, select a group of users and select Show. Then, if you have selected to hide the article by default, this group will be able to see the article.
- Save the exception for every group.