Add options to metaproproperties
To create a subordinate level for your metaproperties, you can create options. For example, if you have a Continent metaproperty, then you can add countries as options fro this metaproperty. Metaproperty options help you classify your assets better. You can have a further drill down by adding options for specific metaproperty options. So for example, you might want to add regions as option for a specific country metaproperty option. Such multi-layer hierarchy allows for precise definition of assets and, as a result, more accurate search.
Before you begin
You need to have the Metaproperties management and Metaproperty options management rights to manage metaproperties and their options.
- Go to Settings> Account > Metaproperties management.
- Click the pencil icon for the selected metaproperty to go to the edit mode and click + Add options. If the metaproperty already has options available, click the settings icon for this metaproperty.You cannot add options for the metaproperties of the type: Linked assets, Text, Button
- To quickly add an option, enter the name in the field and hit enter.
- (Optional) Click on the picture icon to add a thumbnail for the option.
- (Optional) Enter the label and the Z-index value to define the sequence in which the options should display.
- (Optional) Decide if the metaproperty should be selectable. This means that users will be able to select it to tag assets with it in the upload and edit screens. You might not want to make an option selectable if you want for the option to be read-only. For example, you have assets tagged with the previous year, and you do not want people to add to this set any more. Still, you want these assets to be searchable.
- (Optional) If you want to hide the metaproperty option for all users, for example, if you are publishing sensitive material, select Hide by default. Hiding an option by default, allows you to manage access rights to this option, and decide who can view or edit it on the metaproperty option level. For example, you might want to hide an option for all users but only show it to a specific user or a group of users. See Set permissions on metaproperty level.Hide by default can be overruled if you share media in a collection. Then both internal and external recipients will be able to see them. This requires a specific feature enabled, so contact you Customer Success Manager.
- Click Save.
Now, you can click the key icon to manage the access to the metaproperty on a user, permission profile or a group level. See Set permissions on metaproperty option level.
You can also click the icon to add options to this metaproperty option. You can also edit this metaproperty option.
- Set up metaproperty dependencies
- Use the combined benefits of the autocomplete and the select metaproperties
- Add metaproperty options on upload